Friday, August 15, 2008

Facebook, schmacebook

Behold, for I present you with an amazing oddity in this technologically connected age of ours...I blog before as the last American between the ages of 13 and 45 who does not have a Facebook page. The horror!!!

Ok, ok, so it's not quite that dramatic, but yeah, I do not have a Facebook site. And in spite of forcing my friends to resort to old-fashioned email to stay in touch with me, I don't plan on getting a Facebook site. Honestly, I already spend wayyy too much time online. Another online addiction won't help me get anything more accomplished in my life. Between email, Lake Norman Mommies, E!Online, CNN.com, IMDb, and my recent return to Yahoo! Answers, I spend a disgusting amount of my life plugged in and tuned out.

So, my dear friends (if you happen to be reading), please don't see me lack of a Facebook page as an affront to you, to technology, or to progress. Rather, see it as an attempt to get out and enjoy a little sunshine every once in a while (without having a WiFi network nearby).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fine, as long as you put your face out here, so a mama can see who she's talking to on the forums! ;)