Friday, November 7, 2008

Mutts Unite!

*aside* Yes, I know its been 3 weeks since my last post...between LKNM Trunk or Treat and then canvassing/phone banking/beating my head against walls about the election, I haven't had much time to post. But that's over now, and I'm back...

Can I just say, I already *heart* soon-to-be President Obama? Forget all of the policy that I agree with him, the stances on issues, and the fact that he didn't choose a dimwit like Sarah Palin for a running mate. I think I would *heart* him for this comment alone, which he made at his press conference today in discussing what kind of dog would be coming with the Obama family to the White House: "There are a number of breeds that are hypoallergenic, but on the other hand our preference is to get a shelter dog, but obviously, a lot of the shelter dogs are mutts like me."

As the proud owner of a canine mutt who also happens to be the proud mother of human mutt, I love the fact that Obama referred to himself as a mutt. It warmed the barren cockles of my stone heart...

No comments: