Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh, Miss Manners??

So, I have a question in regards to etiquette. When does it become unseemly to continue sporting the bumper sticker of the winning presidential candidate? It's not that I am not still thrilled to pieces that Obama won, it's just that I am wondering whether it might be considered, oh, I don't know, sort of like rubbing it in to still have the Obama bumper sticker on my cars. I mean, the number of McCain/Palin stickers dropped considerably by the morning after Election Day (though I'd like to think that was because those individuals saw the folly of their ways). We took the yard sign down last weekend, as neighborhood covenants gave clear guidelines for that. But what about the car? Is there a point at which you shouldn't have the sticker on your car anymore, sort of like not wearing white shoes after Labor Day? Or is it strictly left up to individual interpretation?

Where's Miss Manners when you need her?

No comments: